Thursday, December 12, 2013

I actually wrote this last week.

  1. I am beginning my new life as a full time artist. New starts require a lot of energy and a lot of delicious, warm, coffee! Thus the new background! Part of being a full time artist is creating a business. I am almost finished with my web site. I have set an intention to write on my blog once a week. I set an intention to teach art at Cook Art Center in Grand Rapids, Michigan and other like minded organizations. I am also going to be offering classes in my home. I would like to teach adults here at my house. I am thinking of changing the name of my art endeavors/business from Blumandala Studio to Morris Avenue Studio. Feedback is welcome. I would like to have studio work days where adults who would like a creative outlet could come and work with other like minded people. I would have a theme for the day. I think I am going to invite the artists on my street to my first art encounter, Coffee and Collage! For my first event I would not charge it would be more to get to know each other while having fun. Participants would bring some supplies and tools but I would also have supplies handy. If my supplies were used then a flat studio fee will be charged. I would have coffee, tea, and sweets. Participants would bring their own lunch. My other idea is to have a show of my work in my house next year. A year would give me time to create enough work and to get further involved in the local art scene. Which brings me to my next intention: getting more involved in the local art scene. On Division Street there are galleries I need to explore. There is an exploding art scene in that area of town and I think that my work would fit in well there. Another intention is to get regular exercise in addition to walking.
    I must keep fit in order to do what I want to do.
    Another intention is to continue meditating everyday. I am currently on day 15 of a meditation program from Deepak Chopra that is free. I have found it to be very beneficial. It is helping me change my outlook on life. It is helping me see that I still have a lot to look forward to and that good things can and do happen. Not getting a job that I really wanted made me sad and depressed. I found that I couldn't face working retail again. I am so thankful for Cook Art Center and Steffanie who hired me to teach there. I love the center, it's staff, and the students. They really want to be there and love coming to class. Working in my studio during the day and teaching in the afternoons and evenings is perfect. I still have some low moments but overall I feel confident and happy with being a full time artist. My dream of being a full time artist has come true! Now to make it successful!
    ReplyDelete

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you for writing a post!!! There's some funkiness with your formatting that I can help you fix. Maybe next week once I'm on break?

    ReplyDelete